• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

ZR Demo sales (1 Viewer)

MichelleOhio

I just purchased a demo 8x43ED2. Hope I don't regret this...I'm not usually one to purchase demo units of anything. :smoke:

I was torn...ZR also has a few 7x36 demo units available....but they cost more than the 8x43. Wonder why that is...is something really wrong with the 8x? **EDIT** Wrong bino's....not what I wanted. The 8x are ED, not ED2.

Ugh. Now I may just go kick myself.

Last edited:
Don't fret Michelle, the 8x43ED's are excellent and so are the 7x36ED2's. I use my 8x43ED's everyday and my wife loves her 7x36ED2's. Your biggest problem may be to decide which pair to return.

Thanks, Mike...I'm not really fretting. Just upset I didn't read more closely. I'm sure the 7x will be fantastic. ;)

Last edited:
Someone remind to choose another shipping option than FedEX next time. Until a little while ago, estimated delivery was today....suddenly, it's now tomorrow. :( They were in possession of my bins on Monday.

I love my 7x36! I may replace my 8x with them and look at the ED2 8x at the Midwest Birding Symposium if ZR participates.

A couple of us compared these with 3 different 8x (Vortex, ZRS, and Monarch) and the 7's won handily. :)

I love my 7x36! I may replace my 8x with them and look at the ED2 8x at the Midwest Birding Symposium if ZR participates.

A couple of us compared these with 3 different 8x (Vortex, ZRS, and Monarch) and the 7's won handily. :)

Glad to hear that! :t:

FYI: we will have an exhibition booth at MBS at Lakeside Ohio this year. We are very excited to participate this event. Look forward to meeting you there.

Charles

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back