• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Euphonia, Costa Rica. (1 Viewer)

ralph21

Photographed on 27-07-2017 in Selva Verde

Female Tawny capped euphonia?

Attachments

• Tawny capped euphonia.JPG
    Tawny capped euphonia.JPG
    108.5 KB · Views: 38
I think female Tawny-capped should have more grey underneath. Female Olive-backed perhaps? Based on the rufous toned undertail?

You might be right.

The reason I put the ID as Tawny capped euphonia is because I saw a male of that species closeby, so I figured this would be the female. But it didn't look quite right in hindsight.
Olive-backed looks more right. Wish I had seen the crown, but the bird only let me take one pic before flying of.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back