• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Skein of geese - Nottingham, UK (1 Viewer)

NKR2017

My knowledge of geese isn't great, and with a poor quality photo, I'm not getting very far with my reference book.

Any ideas?

Attachments

• ResizedGeeseQuery.jpg
    ResizedGeeseQuery.jpg
    519.4 KB · Views: 116
  • Skein.JPG
    Skein.JPG
    416.7 KB · Views: 37
Look like Pinkfeet both in the "straggly" fairly loose V formation and also the closer shots which show a brown head and upper neck. Also the call is quite distinctive......described as "wink, wink" . Imagine the sound when flocks of 10,000 plus take to the air either when leaving or returning to their roots.

Look good for Pinks to me, fairly regular as they move between the Wash and the NW coast, remember seeing quite a few flocks when I lived near Nottingham.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back