• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

A white bird (in Turkey) (1 Viewer)

sgokce

Hi everyone,
I took these pics this week in a place where the mountains and a lake are nearby. When i saw this bird, firstly i thought it was an albino Chaffinch. I could take 2 pics in a hurry. Then i noticed that the pics were dark. Unfortunately the bird flied away when i tried to fix my settings. The bird had a strong flight. It seemed a bit bigger than a Chaffinch to me. So i thought it could be another bird such as Snow Finch or Snow Bunting.

My birder friend brightened the photos for me. Is it an albino bird, a Snow Finch, a Snow Bunting or another bird? Thank u for your help in advance...

Attachments

• a.jpg
    a.jpg
    383.6 KB · Views: 79
  • b.jpg
    b.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 133
O.P. suggested it was bigger than a Chaffinch but size is always subjective. To me it seems too stocky for a Goldfinch.

Completely off topic, I found out yesterday that the old Norfolk name for a Goldfinch is a "King Harry".
P

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back