• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

DPR reviews the 7D (1 Viewer)

The graphs charting the various types of noise is a new thing to me, not seen that before but I like it!

They don't seem to raise the issues about low ISO noise that Romy and others have commented on which might be good news. However, they don't seem to mention either the now well documented 'ghosting' problem so maybe they don't test as carefully as they seem to.

Edit: I see a firmware patch has been released for the ghosting so perhaps that issue has been fixed.

Last edited:
They don't seem to raise the issues about low ISO noise that Romy and others have commented on which might be good news. However, they don't seem to mention either the now well documented 'ghosting' problem so maybe they don't test as carefully as they seem to.

Edit: I see a firmware patch has been released for the ghosting so perhaps that issue has been fixed.

i dont think they do the type of shots that show the ghosting .
Rob

After a quick look at the review I think this seems really good, on the little sample 'swabs' the noise doesn't really look much different to the D300s too, which is impressive for an 18mp camera. I'm still not entirely taken with pushing the megapixels ever higher but this seems an extremely good camera!

The extra MP are useful if you are accustomed to submitting photos to stock agencies like many pros do. Andy Rouse has mentioned that he loves his D3x because the large MP count allows him to crop more of his shots whilst retaining detail and being able to meet the stock agency's size requirements which want files of a certain size in megabytes.
Lower resolution cameras have to get far less room to manouever when it comes to that.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back