• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Gillian M's Year/Photo List (1 Viewer)

Year Bird #200!

Seen December 29, 2007:

200. Evening Grosbeak

I went out looking for a Red-shouldered Hawk and found three Evening Grosbeaks instead. I am quite happy that I have finally seen these beautiful birds....now I just need a better photo!

Attachments

• Evening Grosbeak.jpg
    Evening Grosbeak.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 136
  • Grosbeak 2.jpg
    Grosbeak 2.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 139
The Last Birds

Seen December 30, 2007:

201. Townsend's Solitaire

202. Hoary Redpoll

The Townsend's Solitaire is a rarity in Ottawa and has been around for a week now; my birding partner and I managed to find it yesterday morning. It's erratic flight pattern first drew our attention, and when it landed in this tree I managed to take two photos before it flew away again. Hopefully I'll be able to re-locate it this week and get a better photo which shows it's distinctive eyering and colouring!

The Hoary Redpoll was seen at a feeder with a large flock of Common Redpolls. Much harder to identify, it was the opinion of two local birders that persuaded me to count this as my 207th lifer.

Attachments

• Solitaire.jpg
    Solitaire.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 135
  • Hoary Redpoll.jpg
    Hoary Redpoll.jpg
    80.4 KB · Views: 136
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back