• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Amateur Looking for Information (1 Viewer)

jcris25

I am interested in in getting a camera for the upcoming spring and summer months. I am interested in a camera with screen so I can look at photos I just took and delete if necessary. I would like a usb port but it is not necessary as long as it takes an sd card or memory card and I put in my computer. It will also need to be good for my wife to use for family photos and what not. I am not looking to break the bank on this. Any ideas for a beginner would be great. Thanks. Oh and I am willing to pay a little more since this will need to be a camera that will last a long time. Thanks.

You're in luck, digital cameras today are spectacularly good and cheap, there is a huge range of offerings from $100 all the way to $5000. Canon, Nikon, Sony, Panasonic and Fuji are just some of the players and they all make good stuff.
Get informed by looking at review websites such as http://www.dpreview.com/ or http://cameras.reviewed.com/
Note that the model changes are frequent, so durability is not usually much stressed, but generally the equipment, like most electronics, either dies quickly or lasts for a very long time. Buy from a decent on line seller such as Adorama, B&H or Amazon and you should be covered.

It matters what exactly you are planning to use it for. If you want to document bird sightings or take shots for later identification, you want a bridge/superzoom camera. See the canon subforum for long running threads on the Canon SX-40 hs and SX-50 hs, for examples. Fuji and Nikon also make good ones.

Will

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back