• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Bukit Fraser, Malaysia, April 2009 (1 Viewer)

pandachris

I've ummed and ahhed for a while about this one - seen on the Telekom Loop at BF just about at sunrise. Light was awful and consequently so is the image. Maybe somebody can make something of it.

Blackbird/thrush sized and one of a pair.

Attachments

• IMG_1077.jpg
    IMG_1077.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 119
Almost forgot. I think I have a digital recording of the voice, if that might be helpful to anybody. I can e-mail it or have a go at attaching it - don't know if the format is supported.

Thanks.

We hadn't considered that on appearance, but the voice sounds pretty much as described in Robson. Sadly it doesn't feature on my Birds of Tropical Asia CD, which has helped me out a few times now.

Anybody know of anywhere on-line where I can listen to the song of Malayan LT?

Thanks.

We hadn't considered that on appearance, but the voice sounds pretty much as described in Robson. Sadly it doesn't feature on my Birds of Tropical Asia CD, which has helped me out a few times now.

Anybody know of anywhere on-line where I can listen to the song of Malayan LT?

I just had a go at the levels, and by lighting the midtones extremely I think we end up with Malayan L'thrush!

Dave

Attachments

• Untitled-1.jpg
    Untitled-1.jpg
    81.5 KB · Views: 54
Nice one Dave.

It's not quite up to the standard of the photos on your blog, I'm afraid. I've been a frequent reader since before we went to Malaysia in April and I'm keeping an eye on it to get some pointers for our next trip. I'm particularly envious of your pelagic trips and as for those Frogmouths ... what can I say. Wonderful birds and great pics.

We didn't record Malayan Laughingthrush elsewhere, so this is an armchair tick for us. Must get around to doing a list.

Yes, great blog. I haven't been to Malaysia but it sure makes me want to go! Please keep posting about the fantastic birding there so that when I win the lottery I will know exactly where to go and what to expect.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back