Join for FREE
It only takes a minute!
Zeiss - Always on the lookout for something special – Shop now

Welcome to BirdForum.
BirdForum is the net's largest birding community, dedicated to wild birds and birding, and is absolutely FREE! You are most welcome to register for an account, which allows you to take part in lively discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.

Filter for Leica APO 77

Old Tuesday 14th March 2006, 21:35   #1
Atricapilla
Still Wandering

Filter for Leica APO 77

Could anyone recommend a decent filter for my Leica APO 77
Old Thursday 16th March 2006, 22:07   #2
gr8fuldoug
Camera Land / Supporting Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobwoodcock
What is it that you would like the filter to do?

Doug
Camera Land
[email protected]
212-753-5128
Old Sunday 19th March 2006, 12:55   #3
javva
Caffeine fiend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobwoodcock
I will guess that you just want a clean ‘UV’ type filter to help protect the scope’s front lens.

Something like the 77mm Hoya Super HMC Pro – 1 ‘UV’ filter would be a good choice.

I have the 62mm version fitted to my APO 62.

Here’s the technical stuff!

SUPER HMC (SMC)
These outstanding filters offer revolutionary performance in light transmission and colour balance. 12 layers of Super Multicoating are applied to the surfaces of the Skylight 1B and UV (0) models, which produces an average transmission of 99.7%! Coupled with maximum surface precision, this allows increased resistance to flare and stunning images can be recorded at wide apertures without compromising the performance of your lenses. HOYA Super HMC filters will appeal to the most demanding of photographers who require the ultimate in performance.

SUPER HMC (SMC) Pro 1
These filters offer the advantage of the SMC filters with the improvement of the slim 1mm glass and 3mm ring with front thread.

BF Supporter 2006 2007 Support BirdForum With A Donation

Old Sunday 19th March 2006, 15:05   #4
Atricapilla
Still Wandering

Quote:
Originally Posted by javva
I will guess that you just want a clean ‘UV’ type filter to help protect the scope’s front lens.

Something like the 77mm Hoya Super HMC Pro – 1 ‘UV’ filter would be a good choice.

I have the 62mm version fitted to my APO 62.

Here’s the technical stuff!

SUPER HMC (SMC)
These outstanding filters offer revolutionary performance in light transmission and colour balance. 12 layers of Super Multicoating are applied to the surfaces of the Skylight 1B and UV (0) models, which produces an average transmission of 99.7%! Coupled with maximum surface precision, this allows increased resistance to flare and stunning images can be recorded at wide apertures without compromising the performance of your lenses. HOYA Super HMC filters will appeal to the most demanding of photographers who require the ultimate in performance.

SUPER HMC (SMC) Pro 1
These filters offer the advantage of the SMC filters with the improvement of the slim 1mm glass and 3mm ring with front thread.

Thanks Javva that's exactly what I was looking for.
Advertisement

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: