Join for FREE
It only takes a minute!
Zeiss - Always on the lookout for something special – Shop now

Welcome to BirdForum.
BirdForum is the net's largest birding community, dedicated to wild birds and birding, and is absolutely FREE! You are most welcome to register for an account, which allows you to take part in lively discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.

Leica v Zeiss service

Old Wednesday 5th September 2007, 08:17   #1
barry robson

Leica v Zeiss service

Interesting comparison between Leica and Zeiss service. I recently had a problem with the zoom eyepiece on my Zeiss scope and have had absolutely first class service from Zeiss. I posted my problem on BirdForum and within 24 hours Zeiss had contacted me personally and advised returning the eyepiece to them for repair. The repair was completed in 5 days (UK Service dept!!) but Zeiss felt that though the eyepiece was now working properly, the repair could be improved upon by Zeiss Germany and asked if this was OK, to which I agreed. All this is foc.

Yesterday a friend was bemoaning that his Leica zoom lens had become so stiff that it took both hands to turn it. He returned it to Leica who want £58 ($110) to fix it…

B
Old Wednesday 5th September 2007, 08:52   #2
matt green
Drunken Hearted Man

I had some great service from Leica..

Purchased a secondhand pair of 8x32 BA trinovids, sent them for a general service and they came back with completely new rubber body armour, they also fixed the focus and did the full columnation check/internal clean etc.

The job took a month but was completely free of charge.

Matt

BF Supporter 2007 Support BirdForum With A Donation

Old Wednesday 5th September 2007, 19:21   #3
paulwfromtheden

Quote:
Originally Posted by barry robson View Post
Interesting comparison between Leica and Zeiss service. I recently had a problem with the zoom eyepiece on my Zeiss scope and have had absolutely first class service from Zeiss. I posted my problem on BirdForum and within 24 hours Zeiss had contacted me personally and advised returning the eyepiece to them for repair. The repair was completed in 5 days (UK Service dept!!) but Zeiss felt that though the eyepiece was now working properly, the repair could be improved upon by Zeiss Germany and asked if this was OK, to which I agreed. All this is foc.

Yesterday a friend was bemoaning that his Leica zoom lens had become so stiff that it took both hands to turn it. He returned it to Leica who want £58 ($110) to fix it…

B

I have always had excellent from Leica, so Leica, Swaro, Zeiss, for the price they all offer excellent service..
Advertisement

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: