• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Need help with bird bath (1 Viewer)

Salmon26

Just joined this forum. Looking to get help with my bird bath. I have alot of birds at my feeders but nothing at my bird bath. I have it in partial shade. I have a pond pump in it so the water moves i put clean water in it daily and i have rocks incase it was to deep

Hi there and a warm welcome to you from those of us on staff here at BirdForum

Is the Birdbath easily seen by the birds? If so, just give them time when it really gets warmer like the upcoming weekend you should start seeing some bathing birds ;)

We're glad you found us and thanks for taking a moment to say hello. Please join in wherever you like. ;)

Just joined this forum. Looking to get help with my bird bath. I have alot of birds at my feeders but nothing at my bird bath. I have it in partial shade. I have a pond pump in it so the water moves i put clean water in it daily and i have rocks incase it was to deep

Rocks are a great addition, the idea being that the birds can walk down the flat side of the rock to a depth they are comfortable with for their bath.
As you already have a pump, you might be able to rig up a drip or a mister on your bath, that usually helps get the birds interested.
In any case, I'm confident that in South Carolina, no inviting bird bath will go unused for long. o:)

You could try installing a small fountain over the bathtub instead of a circulating water pump. It creates movement in the water. Birds are more attracted to the tub because of the movement of the water. And the fountain makes the bath more aesthetically pleasing. In addition, it prevents the uncontrolled growth of algae. Insects cannot use birdbaths as breeding grounds.

Warning! This thread is more than 2 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back