• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Krugerpark roads advice - birding and other animals (1 Viewer)

Sbiriguda

I arranged to make a trip schedule for Panorama Route and Kruger. I am now trying to breakdown by roads and sighting spots the several camps I already booked. Perhaps you can give me some hints... I will do the boat trip in Blyde River Canyon and that might be as well a chance to watch some birds or other animals.
Thanks

11/5 Flight
12/5 H 8.20 Panorama Route; Graskop Blyde Canyon F.R. Three Rondavels, Bourke Luck Potholes, Boat trip
13/5 Tamboti H7, H6, Sweni Hide, N’wanetsi, S47, Gudzani dam, S100, Satara, late afternoon sunset drive or otherwise Nsemani Dam
14/5 Satara Olifants via S147, low level bridge. Return via the tar road and the S39 otherwise S127 to from the H1-4.
15/5 Satara Early morning loop of the H6, S100, a loop of the S126, S36 and H7; Satara sunset drive
16/5 Satara Satara to Skukuza, H1-3 Nkaya Pan and the Southernmost Baobab. From Tshokwane H10, stop at Orpen Dam, Nkumbe view site and Mlondozi Dam, lunch at Lower Sabie, go to Skukuza
17/5 Skukuka H1-1, De Laporte, Transport Dam, H1-1 to Shitlave Dam, turn around to S65, golf course, Lake Panic.
18/5 Skukuka H4-1 to the H12 bridge, take S30, loops along the river. S29 and on to Mlondozi Dam, roads south of Lower Sabie or H4-1; Skukuza camp perimeter before night
19/5 Lower Sabie S28 to Crocodile Bridge, Ntandanyathi hide and little pan (water hole) on S130 North side; Lower sabie sunset drive
20/5 Lower Sabie Lower Sabie to Berg-en-Dal via Skukuza. S26 and H6, Mpondo Dam, S102
21/5 Berg en Dal Berg-en-Dal: S114, S118, S119 gravel roads; camp perimeter before night
22/5 Berg en Dal Matjulu - night drive in Berg en Dal
23/5 Berg en Dal Berg en Dal bush walk
24/5 Flight - h. 20.35 TAMBO
25/5 Flight

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back