• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Yet another monopod question (1 Viewer)

DJRWhittle

Hi everybody,

I have a monopod with a pan and tilt head. It's a Jessops own brand and the head is not removable so cannot be changed.

I find the long arm, used to adjust the pan and tilt, to be a right nuisance and since I can't change the head was contemplating changing the arm for a shorter one or even to a thumb screw. |:D|

Does anybody have any ideas or know where I might get a suitable screw? I've tried 'googling' and ebay without much luck. :C

Thanks B :)

Derek W

Hi Derek,

I use both Giottos tripod and monopod and share the head between the two. Same as you I had the problem of the long arms getting in the way when I used the head on the monopod. The head I use has two long levers and one thumbscrew.

I explained the problem to the main Giottos company and they helped by sending me spare thumb screws to use in place of the levers when using the head on the monopod.

It may be worth contact Jessops Head Office to see if they can help, they'll probably pass you on to their suppliers but it's a step in the right direction.

It may be worth contact Jessops Head Office to see if they can help, they'll probably pass you on to their suppliers but it's a step in the right direction.

Good shout Barry, I hadn't thought of that one and it's worth a try, thanks.

Derek

PS this would annoy me even if I wasn't a leftie;)

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back