• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Phonescoping with Xperia Z v's digiscoping camera? (1 Viewer)

Ghostly Vision

Hi all,

I've ben trying out my XperiaZ phone against my scope hand-held and have been managing to get one or two half-decent shots.

I also have a Canon G15, which doesn't seem very suitable for digiscoping (again, hand-held at this stage) because of extreme vignetting.

For the record I have two scopes - a Nikon 28(?) x 50mm spotting scope and a Kowa TSN883 with a 21x WA or 15-60 zoom eyepieces.

I want to do a bit more digiscoping but am not sure whether to pursue the phone option and get an adaptor - if so, which one? - or try with the G15 (if so, how do I get good results?).

The third alternative is to buy a relatively cheap digiscoping point and shoot with a suitable adaptor. The CP310 or 8400 look quite good, again, if so, which adaptor is best for my scope/s?

Lots of questions I know, but there are lots with experience on here, so all advice welcome.

Sean

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back