• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Anyone Know Anything About Field Optics Research Tripods? (1 Viewer)

HeadWest

I'm looking at the Field Optics Research ProMax FT6229C Profesional Full Height Carbon Fiber Tripod.

This would be for an Opticron MM4 60 scope. It is nice and lightweight, and reaches to a decent max height (I'm 6'3"). I'm wondering if anyone has any experience with these tripods? I pretty much cannot find anything about them online. Thanks.

The photos and specs look good.
Collet leg clamps and center column lock get my approval. The spider and leg angle adjustments looks reminiscent of Benro and Induro a la Gitzo, which is good.
Tall, light and cheap. If it's stiff and well made, like a Benro, then it looks a good value.
The 35 lb load rating seems rather optimistic though.

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back