• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Best place to find Dead Sea Sparrow in Israel (2 Viewers)

Fink

Hello Everyone,

Next holiday we are going to travel around Israel.

I really want to see the dead sea sparrow.

I am one day in Bet Sche'an to seach the dead sea sparrow.
I am two days in Eilat as well.

Is there a favourite place to find the dead sea sparrow you know?

Thank you for helping.

Best regards fink

I am one day in Bet Sche'an to seach the dead sea sparrow.

Saw flock just west of Kfar Ruppin fishponds two weeks ago, a fairly reliable locality for them. Basically take the small track west from just north of the gates to Kfar Ruppin, birds were here 32.466203, 35.540257. May Spanish Sparrows here too.

There's a colony in the Tamarisks of one of the well vegetated ponds at the Neve Etan Fishponds. Basically in the Beit She'an Valley anywhere where there are Tamarisk should be worth a look; the ringing centre near Kfar Ruppin, the bend/junstion just outside the Kfar Ruppin entrance, the edges to the Kfar Ruppin fish ponds. In winter there can be a smallish flock present in Eilat at the IBRCE but the numbers in the far south are now very low.

Thank you for all the hints. I will visit both ponts. Neve Etan Fishponds is very near to my hotel. First I will go to Kfar Ruppin to the fish ponts in the south and after I will head up north to 32.466203, 35.540257 and connect in the end Neve Etan Fishpont.
Would you suggest to photo the birds out of the car, or walking around? Is it possible to drive around the ponds?

It is easily possible to drive around the ponds, just be out of the ponds before dusk as you run the risk of being locked in.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back