• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Trew's Weir, Exeter (1 Viewer)

Jack Dawe

I am going to be in Exeter this coming week and wouldn't mind visiting the lesserlegs if it is still there. Where exactly is Trew's Weir? Googling suggests it's in the Countess Weir area, north of the swing bridge, but is that enough to find me the bird?

Hi Jack I think it is where the Little Bittern was a few years back. Hopefully someone will give you better directions but I believe you can walk to it along the river but you have to park off the old Exeter by pass before you cross the bridge over the river before you get to Countess Weir.. The track down to the car park is after the bridge over the canal and just before the river bridge. It is easy to miss though. Alternatively drive in to Marsh Barton Industrial Esate and turn off right at the second roundabout. The grid reference is SX924 916 Post Code EX24BW. Best of luck. Roger

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back