• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Fuji shows 140-400mm zoom at Photokina (1 Viewer)

How good is the XT-1's continuous AF tracking system like? Without a good tracking system, a long lens like that would leave much to be desired for action shots which is what bird photography is all about. The XT-1 might be better with a digital zoom though.

I've never tested the X-T1 for that purpose.
My guess is Fuji know what they are doing, and will have a camera to match.

Autofocus speed was the archilies heel of the Fuji X system when they first shipped the x-pro1. They done a lot of work, and pushed out new firmwares which has made a significant difference to all the models. Now, I reckon "respectable but not market leading" would be the concensus.

(Disclaimer: based on internet chatter, not owning one)

AF on the X-T1 is certainly good enough, but isn't perfect. In the British weather that Snow Bunting in flight might evade me.
But having used it with the 55-200mm on wildlife it is more than capable, and I would assume the 140-400 would have a better af system within it than the 55-200mm.
Very excited about this lens after being let down so massively by the Canon 70D.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back