Join for FREE
It only takes a minute!
Zeiss - Always on the lookout for something special – Shop now

Welcome to BirdForum.
BirdForum is the net's largest birding community, dedicated to wild birds and birding, and is absolutely FREE! You are most welcome to register for an account, which allows you to take part in lively discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.

Iphone microphone with wind noise cancelling

Old Monday 15th April 2019, 14:05   #1
Sbiriguda

Iphone microphone with wind noise cancelling

Hello,
I am a newbie and I need an ultra cheap solution for birding and animals for the next trip to Kruger Park (South Africa).
Right now I am just planning to use an Iphone perhaps with a "deadcat" to cancel windnoise. Otherwise I could consider to buy an external microphone for Iphone or a separate recording device, if it's possible to find it used

I will also use a D3100 Camera and a Canon Powershot 60 HS camera both of them with Microphone and they both could be used for recording with or without an external microphone

But honestly unless you advice differently I would like to use the Iphone and use an external mic, since it's more portable and this setup could prove useful also for other trips
Thanks
Old Monday 15th April 2019, 14:19   #2
btooze

If you want something inexpensive which will work with both your phone and camera, have a look at the Boya BY-MM1 microphone. There are lots of reviews on Youtube and it is widely used for vlogging. It can be found on Amazon and eBay and contains all the components that you need.
Old Tuesday 16th April 2019, 06:33   #3
Sbiriguda

Nice, that looks exactly what I needed
Advertisement

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: