• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Final photo requests for Birds of Paradise and Bowerbirds (1 Viewer)

sicklebill

well-known Cretaceous relic
Australia
I am at last on the final proofs of the Birds of Paradise and Bowerbirds, with final selection of photos almost complete and payment to be organised thereafter. I am still missing both Huon Catbird A. astigmaticus and White-eared Catbird (Arfaks and West Papuan Is) in the narrow sense. Also looking for Eastern Parotia, can anyone help? We can offer a small payment.
Thanks

I would get in touch with Ed Scholes and Tim Laman as I know they have studied Eastern Parotias in the wild, they could very well have some photographs of the catbirds as well as they have done extensive surveys throught some parts of New Guinea.

Yep, already done and I remain hopeful for the Eastern Parotia, though no-one seems to have photographed Huon Catbird, and I am struggling for White-eared as opposed to Tan-capped or Ochre-breasted Catbird. It may be those two bowerbird family members remain sans photos in the book

Yep, already done and I remain hopeful for the Eastern Parotia, though no-one seems to have photographed Huon Catbird, and I am struggling for White-eared as opposed to Tan-capped or Ochre-breasted Catbird. It may be those two bowerbird family members remain sans photos in the book

Hopefully we can capture Huon Catbird when my group is there in July, however no doubt this will be too late for any inclusions into the book, but of course we will keep you posted.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back