• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Novoflex QuadroPod (1 Viewer)

That's an amazing innovation! How is it someone didn't come up with this before? Does it come with a book of matches or a folded napkin to place under one of the legs? ;)

I suppose in a perfect environment with a level smooth floor it might be OK. Then again, in that situation why would one need four legs?

It's not that new - I saw it at Photokina in 2010 or maybe even 2008.
Not exactly what the world's been waiting for, but I think the idea is that you set it up on three legs and then kick in the fourth to provide additional (??) support.

John

That's an amazing innovation! How is it someone didn't come up with this before? Does it come with a book of matches or a folded napkin to place under one of the legs? ;)

I suppose in a perfect environment with a level smooth floor it might be OK. Then again, in that situation why would one need four legs?

Kevin, I tell you the next, even better innovation (apart from the napkin you suggested :)): 5 legs. This is a bit along the lines of razors by Gillette. Every year or two they add a new blade and try to convince the consumer that this is the ultimate innovation. However, four legs is nature's choice. Perhaps worth a try.

Steve

I await the day when I encounter one "in the wild", so to speak. I'd be very interested to hear of it virtues. In the meantime, it strikes me as an answer to a question nobody was asking.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back