• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Florence on foot (1 Viewer)

a_j_steele

Vising Florence for a few days in early April for a family Holiday so will be on foot but looking for some good areas which might be possible to see some birds I don't get at home so far along the river and Parco delle Cascine looks the best bet but wondering if anyone has any suggestions as ebird seem to be quite general (staying near the Museo Novecento)

Many thanks

Hello. Ebird is not widely used in Italy, as there are other sites such as Ornitho and the new Ubird (don't ask ;)).
Near Florence there is the Parco della Piana Fiorentina which should be good in April. I don't know sites in Florence itself, but if you pm me your email address I can circulate it to the EBN Italy mailing list as there are several members based in Florence. Or if you don't wish to share your email address just pm me with dates and I can ask myself to the list and then pm the answer back to you.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back