• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Any idea what this Squirrel has? Please - London UK (1 Viewer)

ChrisKten

It's true, I quite like Pigeons
This Squirrel is nesting in my garden shed, and if it's a male (female will be suckling?), it's also nesting in a neighbour's shed (I watched the nesting material carried to both, and more recently the food carried to both sheds). It was taking this food from my shed to another shed.

I've no idea what it's actually doing, maybe it doesn't either ;) So, first thought was Carrot or Pepper, but doesn't look quite right... and Squirrels don't like Peppers.

Thanks

Attachments

• DSC04157RGpf800n2.JPG
    DSC04157RGpf800n2.JPG
    261.2 KB · Views: 98
Dunno Chris. Looks a bit shiny for a sweet potato (unless it's wet, of course). That was my first thought on the colour.

Thanks for replying. It does look more like that than a Carrot... would explain why peppers on seeds doesn't deter Squirrels ;)

I've seen them eat everything I offer the birds (Seed, Apples, Nuts, etc) except for the Suet; they eat plenty of green shoots this time of year too... Red Pepper is a first though, and I've no clue why it was taken to my shed first... maybe offered to a female and refused; then offered to the other female in my neighbour's shed ;)

My wife thought it was his tongue, Delia ;)

I'll keep watching him; he's filled at least two shed roofs with loft insulation taken from a nearby house... the neighbours love me for feeding the Wildlife ;)

I think it must be, KC; weird I guess, but not surprising that at least one has got a taste for hot peppers... they're awkward little buggers to work out sometimes ;)

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back