• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Videoscoping is different (1 Viewer)

I am so glad there is a separate forum for Videoscoping because it is different from most of what is discussed with digiscoping.Shooting moving footage requires a different criteria from stills and does require a different approach with the use of sound and behaviour of the bird just as important as the basic visuals.For a start there is wind and down here in east kent that is 95% of the time not having optical stabilization is my reason for having such a heavy tripod.Wind not only causes shake but the noise is really irratating so it also helps having a sennheiser mic attached which makes it easier for turning off the sound.I also try more these days to include scenic footage with the birds as at first watching close ups of birds and birds and birds! can be really boring especially for somebody else.Having a little storyboard in your mind helps however simple just to make sure that you get a variety of shots and remember shoot plenty of footage just edit out the rubbish afterall minidv tape is relatively cheap these days.The most important thing i say to myself is patience patience it's not the end of the world when you don't get the footage you want just bloody frustrating!!.

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back