• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

nikon P5100 handhold adapter (1 Viewer)

lainapop

Hi,

I'm sure the answer to this qs. is here somewhere, but...

I just got hold of a P5100. I use a Nikon Ed scope, 30x eye piece.
The thing is, I want to hand hold the camera -- but I need some help.
With my old CanonA95 I used an adapter tube that slipped over the eye piece and gave me some support.

What might work with the Nikon?

Thanks

adaptor

Thanks Rick,

I might go for that.

I was hoping there might be an attachment for the camera that would just allow me to slip it over the eye piece -- quick on and off.

I've been resisting the real adaptor thing, feeling that it would be in the way of my birding (a dangerous thing to say on this forum...).

Will

Will, that is exactly how it works when attached to the P5100. It is held in place with a set screw though, not friction. You just have to be using a DS eyepiece.

Rick

Only passed thru on Shinkansen to Morioka during ski seasons.

good luck and happy holidays,
Rick

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back