• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

new Olympus OM G could it be an April fool (1 Viewer)

ammadoux

Registered doux
Hello everyone. what do you think of this one.

a full frame camera form Olympus, will that might change everything about Olympus.

Hello everyone. what do you think of this one.

a full frame camera form Olympus, will that might change everything about Olympus.

Don't worry, I fell for the April fools joke on 43rumours. Of course, I saw it while my time still said March 31 ;)

Niels

It was quite a 'clever' April Fool' from DPReview - though rather poorly executed (in one shot, the lens is tilted upwards at a different angle to the body!).

'Clever' because they recognised from numerous posts in various 4/3rds forums the desire for a full-frame Olympus body to take all those 'wonderful' Zuiko 'legacy' lenses that everyone seems to have stashed away somwhere. To be honest, apart from a few of the later, very expensive designs, I'm not sure that they'd stand up to close scrutiny on a modern high megapixel digital body.

It's easy enough to try them out on something like a Canon full frame body, say, via an inexpensive adapter anyway. You have to use manual focus and manual aperture control - a bit slower than regular auto lenses, but easy enough if you're not in a hurry and there'd be plenty of examples around the internet if they produced outstanding results

Gurrrrrr |!| now you made the Olympus girl made.

If the second "made" = "mad" then let me explain;

I am old enough to have owned an OM-1 - a brilliant camera.

I own an E400 - bought just as Olympus quietly abandoned 4/3.

Years of financial skulduggery and incompetence.

Need I say more?

Andy

It's easy enough to try them out on something like a Canon full frame body, say, via an inexpensive adapter anyway. You have to use manual focus and manual aperture control - a bit slower than regular auto lenses, but easy enough if you're not in a hurry and there'd be plenty of examples around the internet if they produced outstanding results
Can you get an adapter for Canon for Olympus lenses? I thought the flange distance was too high in most cameras other than 4/3 and M4/3.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back