• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Adapter (1 Viewer)

spuggyhawk

I have just managed to purchase a used Nikon P6000 with the intention to have a bash at digiscoping.
I have looked at loads of adapters and think that maybe the ones that swing away when set up are the way to go... what do you think?

I'm a bit of a tight wad ;) so dont want to spend to much if i can help it.

This is what i'm looking at... http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=380223153075&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

Anyone using one? what do you think?

Gratefull of any advice.

Jon

That and many other universal adaptors would do a job but you might get frustrated with the rather cumbersome nature of all that plastic/metalwork bolted to the eyepiece.

The P6000 has a thread around the lens housing which will allow the attachment of an extension tube. That could be fitted to a push fit adaptor or eyepiece replacement adaptor for various eyepieces/scopes out there. Probably a neater although more costly solution.

Might be worth checking SRB Griturn's web site - they have a range of options including a P5000/P6000 tube.

Cheers, Pete

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back