• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

June 3, Quito, Ecuador birds, Part II (1 Viewer)

howiewu

Hi,

I took these pictures in the cloud forest around Quito. To be precise, on a high to Pacay Waterfall in the cloud forest northwest of Quito.

Here are my thoughts:

1. I apologize for the terrible photo. This is the only photo I have of a bird skulking in the understory. The light was dim and there were many branches and shrubs, this is the only photo I got. No idea what it is.
2. I am not sure, but Black-capped tyrannulet is the closet I came up with
3. I am not sure; I have a feeling that it is a flycatcher as well, but I am not sure.
4-5: there were taken 2 minutes apart. I think they are the same bird, but I am now not sure. I think it is a violetear, maybe Lesser Violetear (or is it Sparkling?).

What do you think?

Thanks in advance,
Howard

Attachments

• bird3.jpg
    bird3.jpg
    108.7 KB · Views: 19
  • bird4.jpg
    bird4.jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 13
  • bird5.jpg
    bird5.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 18
  • hummingbird1.jpg
    hummingbird1.jpg
    100.8 KB · Views: 17
  • hummer4.jpg
    hummer4.jpg
    119 KB · Views: 15
First photo looks like a Tapaculo, which won't be identifiable to species unless you recorded the voice :)

Then Golden-crowned Flycatcher, Slaty-backed Chat-Tyrant, Lesser Violetear (per Niels's comment about the chin), Long-tailed or Violet-tailed Sylph, not sure we can see enough to say which one...

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back