• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

raccoon baffle (1 Viewer)

bigcypress

so far the only ''baffled'' thing is me . think i posted a comment about animals trashing everything including a coon climbing pole and dropping peanut feeder to ground and hanging up side down eating peanut butter from log . we bought a couple 7'' diameter 24'' long pipe and 7'' end cap and i made baffles to hang on each upright pipe . [ feeder is like a lower case ''n'' and is made of 1'' conduit about 7 feet tall with the two lower ends in large flower pots filled with concrete .] this morning one baffle was slid down pole about a foot and peanut butter log was empty . my question is : where would be the ideal location vertically for the baffle to be on pole ? had top of baffle about 18'' from top of pole last night . all suggestions appreciated !!!!! between the raccoon , chipmunks , squirrels , and the blue heron that has emptied our pound several times [ now netted , not a cureall but helps ] i'm about ready to call it ''quits'' . . peace

I use a baffle that is an inverted cone. It has completely defeated both squirrels and raccoons. I've had mine for some yars but I believe that I bought it from Amazon. The only issue that I've had is that it tends to slide down the pole but I wrapped some electricians' tape around the pole and issue solved. I'll attach a trail cam picture that shows my set up.

Attachments

• IMG_0010.1..JPG
    IMG_0010.1..JPG
    387.8 KB · Views: 143
thank you , especially for pix as i don't know how to tell when a cone is inverted . guess it's all how you look at it . thanks again . . peace

forgot to mention my mounting system for baffles , i use two litre pepsi bottles to hang baffles on . slid them all the way up to the top and so far so good . . . peace

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back