• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Excellent customer service (1 Viewer)

John Fleet

Finally reached 300!
England
A few year's ago I bought a second hand ATS65 from another forum member. For various reasons it's not had much use - mostly because I find my little Nikon ED50 so convenient. Anyway a month or so ago I decided to give the Swarovski an airing. But I was dismayed to find that the 20 - 60 zoom lens (the only one which I have) appeared to have a nasty case of fungal infection. So I downloaded the online repairs form and posted the lens off to Swarovski and waited for the bill. A week later I received a card through the post essentially acknowledging receipt of lens. Today a package from UPS was delivered. The lens - returned in immaculate condition, packed in a new bolt case, with a new lens cap together with an invoice for - precisely nothing. The work description mentioned cleaning and some unspecified parts.

Bearing in mind a) that I was not the original owner and had no documentation for the lens and b) that the whole process was handled within less than a month, to say that I'm impressed would be an understatement. Yes, Swarovski gear is a premium price but perhaps that explains how they can afford to provide such exemplary after-sales service.

Last edited:
John that is great! I have had the same kind of service from SONA In North America. I had one of the first 7x30 SL compact "SLC" roof prism binocular, non phase-coated at that time. After using for a long time, I sent it back and they fixed the this 7x30 Roof prism binocular like new. I used it for quite some time after and traded it at Lost Creek Shoe Shop for the 8x30 SLC phase-coated, still have it. Regards, Steve

The picture that place is out of business.

Attachments

• Mack Optical & Machine Tool scan (Large)  addto.jpg
    Mack Optical & Machine Tool scan (Large) addto.jpg
    225 KB · Views: 164
Last edited:
Swarovski may be the best all-around company in the world, and it's why I own their fine optics.

Swaro = simply the best.

A few year's ago I bought a second hand ATS65 from another forum member. For various reasons it's not had much use - mostly because I find my little Nikon ED50 so convenient. Anyway a month or so ago I decided to give the Swarovski an airing. But I was dismayed to find that the 20 - 60 zoom lens (the only one which I have) appeared to have a nasty case of fungal infection. So I downloaded the online repairs form and posted the lens off to Swarovski and waited for the bill. A week later I received a card through the post essentially acknowledging receipt of lens. Today a package from UPS was delivered. The lens - returned in immaculate condition, packed in a new bolt case, with a new lens cap together with an invoice for - precisely nothing. The work description mentioned cleaning and some unspecified parts.

Bearing in mind a) that I was not the original owner and had no documentation for the lens and b) that the whole process was handled within less than a month, to say that I'm impressed would be an understatement. Yes, Swarovski gear is a premium price but perhaps that explains how they can afford to provide such exemplary after-sales service.

Yes, exactly so. The initial Mk II 8x30 SLC that I bought in 1993 was repaired and upgraded three times (at no cost) to a Mk IV with SWAROBRIGHT.

That's why all my personal binoculars are Swaros, including the magnificent 8x40 SLC-HD.

Ed

Hi John

I have had a similar problem develop in my 20x60 eyepiece. Looked like ice/ snow crystals inside the lens. Dropped it off with infocus last week. I hope I am as happy with the Swarovski service as you guys in a few Weeks!

Barry

Hi, I recently purchased a ATS 65mm HD Scope with both the 20-60x and the 25-50x eyepieces, but on close inspection the 20-50x has what looks like a small light spot or air bubble inside the lenses, both eyepieces are mint condition and all the surfaces are spotless. I contacted Swarovski today and they asked me to post to them for examination. Has everyone had a similar experience with their Swarovski eyepiece.

Thanks you

Hi, sorry, I forgot to ask, when sending items to Swarovski, do you put them in their original boxes.

Thanks Patrick Mc
In the USA Swarovski wants only the binocular (no strap, or ocular covers). I wrapped mine in a few layers of bubble wrap, added some packing material then boxed it up and sent it off.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back