• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

A interesting solution (if you have this problem) (1 Viewer)

Bill2468

Hello !

I was :bounce: happy to discover that my new digital video camera has a i/r remote control.
I was :C angry to find out that the receptor was only on the front of the camera. I want to set up my camera and tripod to spy on several suet feeders I have hanging outside my door.
I work in a hospital so I went to my dentist friend/birder "Dr. Yankem" (just a joke) and asked for a disposible little mirror on a shaft they use to look at your teeth. I plan to fasten the sheft with a rubber band to my tripod mounted camera so when I tap the record button on the remote from a distance behind my camera the angled mirror will deflect the beam to the sensor in the front of the camera.

Now is that a great idea :clap:

Thank you,

BiLL

There will be a $1.00 royalty fee to anyone that uses my idea! First week is free!!

Bill2468 said:
Now is that a great idea :clap:

Thank you,

BiLL

There will be a $1.00 royalty fee to anyone that uses my idea! First week is free!!

Better find out if it works first, be embarrassing if it doesn't, infra red has different properties to ordinary light.
Good luck with it, I just love novel ideas.

Mick

Mickymouse said:
Better find out if it works first, be embarrassing if it doesn't, infra red has different properties to ordinary light.
Good luck with it, I just love novel ideas.

Mick
Thats why I said first week free. It eliminates the need for field testing! (lol)

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back