• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Bought a G2 (1 Viewer)

jacqui2

jacqui
Hi, I recently bought a pentax kr but, unfortunately it had serious focusing issues, so had to return it. I have now bought a panasonic G2 and a 45-200mm lens, which has arrived today but my husband is bringing it home from work with him so I haven't got it yet. Ive always liked panasonic cameras, had an fz28/38 so I am hoping this will be good, any tips/advice welcome :)

First of all, good luck with your purchase! My experience is with GH2 which is a different camera, but one observation might be applicable; I was initially a little disappointed with the camera, but it turned out I just had to use faster shutter speeds than I had expected and then the camera delivered very nice results.

With the lens you have purchased, you may need to get a little closer than you were used to with the FZ cameras. If you later want to upgrade, I can recommend the 100-300 lens.

Niels

Thanks for that. I will keep it in mind, yes maybe in the future I will try to get a longer zoom, but, hopefully, the 45-200mm will be ok for now :)

I have the G3. Did you consider the G3, which is a more recent model than the G2?

Jim

Last edited:
I bought a G3 last August and discovered the main operating manual is supplied by a CDRom. I discovered a firm (a link from the Amazon site) that produces an A5 hard copy of manuals. I much prefer to have a hard copy to look at ,particularly as I went on holiday shortly after buying my camera and didn't have a laptop to take with me.
I have the 45-200 zoom its fine for my purposes especially when using it hand held at max focal length. For general photography the 14-42 is also OK although I understand the 14-45 might be better?

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back