• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Early access at Slimbridge (1 Viewer)

Rob_S

I've seen a few comments that it's possible for members to gain entry to Slimbridge before 9.30am via a side gate. Can anyone tell me how this works please? I am a WWT member and an opportunity to visit is on the horizon.

I think access is from 8am via the gate at the side of the cafe, there should be a form available in the Peng Observatory to record your membership number. The last time I visited early access was limited to the Holden walkway and the hides on the way. There is no access to the main part of the grounds until 9.30, I presume this is still the case.

Cheers

I think access is from 8am via the gate at the side of the cafe, there should be a form available in the Peng Observatory to record your membership number. The last time I visited early access was limited to the Holden walkway and the hides on the way. There is no access to the main part of the grounds until 9.30, I presume this is still the case.

Cheers

Thanks, that's useful to know. Even that limited early access would be a good start to the day.

Cheers

Thanks again for your notes. Arrived at Slimbridge at 8.30 (early access is from 8.15am, according to the sign) and had a very enjoyable day. 64 species, 18 year-list-adds including my first Goshawk and Lapland Bunting.

Highlight (but not for the Dunlin) was watching a whirling flock of Dunlin being chased by a Sparrowhawk, which emerged with a grey feathery prize.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back