• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Redwing Blackbird Note 8 (1 Viewer)

Joker9937

Stumbled across this section. Others have posted AMAZING art.

Don't really have any worthy contributions, but the fact that this was scribbled on a Note 8 might be somewhat interesting. If not, no worries.

The Redwing is one of my favorite birds, primarily because of their song. It throws me back 40 years to being a kid exploring the woods, ponds, and creeks around my Indiana home. I can almost feel the sunburn from their song. LOL.

I used a C90 to try for some nice photos. I then scribbled this picture while on a plane ride to visit one of our kids. It looked better in my memory, and certainly in the photo. But, we all have to learn sometime.

Honest, I did not use big fat crayons to color it. LOL

Attachments

• 20180818_210850-01.jpg
    20180818_210850-01.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 40
Nice piece of work but where on earth did the yellow eyes come from? Red-winged Blackbirds are dark-eyed. . ..
;)

Last edited:
I appreciate the kind words! Really generous, thank you!

Regarding the eyes...artistic license, LOL. Actually, I haven't a great explanation. I THINK that the light was reflected in a way that gave them a bit of a yellow tint, but cannot find the photo to prove it. Regardless, I got a little carried away with the yellow.

The Note is a pretty fun little piece of tech. I have never down any real watercolor painting, but it allowed me to pretend.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back