• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Trouble installing software (1 Viewer)

Steve Babbs

Hi all

I'm trying to use some software that appears to have installed but when I run it I get the attached message. I'm pretty sure I had the same message last time I tried to install something - I gave up on that. Any help much appreciated as it's driving me nuts!

Attachments

• error message.JPG
    error message.JPG
    26.8 KB · Views: 59
Then you would need to identify where you want the software to be saved when the dialogue box pops up during installation. Your picture shows it is on the C: drive. Is your C: drive SSD the main drive? Is it not large enough to save it there. Have you used onedrive to install other software?

Cheers
Dave

I tried telling it to save to the d drive using the configuration tool and copying the location of the folder that I wanted to save in and that didn't work. I don't want it saved on the C drive which is the SSD but in the short term that would have been fine if it'd worked. I don't really know what onedrive is.

I tried telling it to save to the d drive using the configuration tool and copying the location of the folder that I wanted to save in and that didn't work. I don't want it saved on the C drive which is the SSD but in the short term that would have been fine if it'd worked. I don't really know what onedrive is.

Afaik, OneDrive is the Microsoft cloud storage service, a free 5 gigabytes with fees for bigger storage, up to a terabyte for $99/yr.
Unfortunately I've no idea why your system wants to install this on OneDrive, but the settings for Windows need adjusting, which is beyond my competence.

It may be worth looking in your C: drive>Program Files> for the software as the one on onedrive should just be a copy.

Take a look at this link it gives info on how to avoid software being saved to Onedrive.

https://support.office.com/en-us/ar...ndows-10-33da0077-770c-4bda-b61e-8c8e8ca70ac7

I always save programmes on my C: drive which is a 250gb SSD. My D: drive is a HDD and used for storing data such as photos, documents etc. Basically anything that is not a programme.

Dave

You need to configure your software, that's what the error message as you call it is telling you. Then Kodo will be able to write to a drive it has access to. After a Google search I found this snippet below.

The Kodu installer actually installs two programs: Kodu itself, and a configuration tool called Configure Kodu Game Lab. On the desktop, Kodu has a green icon and the configuration tool has a gray icon. The main use of this tool is to change the location of the SavedGames folder where Kodu keeps all your worlds. (This is not the same as the folder you use for worlds you've exported.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back