• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

How is your 2013 List Going? (1 Viewer)

Two more today, although I was hoping it would be four but I missed out on Goshawk & Bonaparte's Gull so my list is now at 170.

John

12 hours of solid birding in the Östervåla area netted very few birds, any hardly any targets (though I did get one lifer!)

101. Parrot Crossbill
102. Common Crossbill
103. Crested Tit
104. Capercaillie

This morning I drove from spring-like weather up into winter conditions in the high mountains. I added two birds to my Year List, both of which were West Virginia state lifers.

90. Rough-legged Hawk
91. Evening Grosbeak

The hawk was a welcome addition to my state list because I've tried for them three or four times this winter without finding any. And I haven't seen an Evening Grosbeak in at least 24 years. The last one I saw was in the Rocky Mountains of Colorado.

Dave

177 after a mad trip to Devon yesterday
PIED-BILLED GREBE
AMERICAN WIGEON
ROSE COLOURED STARLING
LESSER YELLOWLEGS
CIRL BUNTING B :)

Dipped on Temminck's Stint :C

4 yesterday with Long-billed Dowicher, Glossy Ibis, Lapland Bunting & Spotted Redshank, plus three today with Bonaparte's Gull (caught up with it today) Lesser Scaup & Temminks Stint has brought my total up to 177.

John

I haven't had any internet access since early Monday morning so couldn't post any news regarding my trip around Southern England.

Monday 25th saw me start out at Plymouth with 5 Target birds. 3 seen, two missed (Black Redstart & Spoonbill).

178. Green-winged Teal
179. Lesser Yellowlegs
180. Cirl Bunting

I decided not to do any more of the south coast after Portland Bill (where I dipped on the B.Redstarts) so drove straight over to Suffolk to stay at a mates place.

Tuesday 26th saw me with 5 target birds. 4 seen, one missed (Common Crane) but I also saw Egyptian Geese which was missing on my list.

181. Bearded Tit
182. Woodlark
183. Twite
184. Rough-legged Buzzard
185. Egyptian Goose.

I then drove to Titchwell and slept in the car.

Wednesday 24th and I had two target birds. One seen and one missed (Golden Pheasant after a two + hour search).

186. Red-crested Pochard.

I did go over to Thetford for the Black-bellied Dipper which I saw but I already have Dipper on my list so that isn't an addition. I didn't bother going for White-tailed Eagle as I know I will get them in Scotland in May.

John

It has been rather slow going here in Missouri, what with all the snow and blizzard conditions.
* 87. Wood Duck, edited in (February 21st at Worthwine Conservation Area, Amazonia, Missouri.
88. Wild Turkey, Saint Joseph, Missouri along interstate highway 29.
89. Redhead, Squaw Creek National Wildlife Refuge, Mound City, Missouri
90. Rough-legged Hawk, Squaw Creek NWR

91. Merlin, flew over our yard in Saint Joseph, Missouri.

92. Common Redpoll, one bright, adult, male individual on a nyjer feeder in our yard. * A somewhat rare winter visitor to my home state of Missouri.

Good evening's birding, got fantastic and prolonged views of a Great Grey Owl near Heby, Sweden. Plus a bonus flyover pair of Whooper Swans.

105. GREAT GREY OWL
106. Whooper Swan

Yesterday I saw the two Long-eared Owls at Deeping Lakes, north of Peterborough and today 2 pair of displaying Goshawks in the Forest of Dean, Gloucestershire.

That now puts me on 189.

John

I'm stuck at 141 species - exactly where I was on March 5 last year. However, last year I birded several counties whereas this year all but 2 of the species were seen in Harris County.

Jeff

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back