• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Cammo Estate My Local Patch (1 Viewer)

Euan Buchan

The Edinburgh Birdwatcher
Supporter
Scotland
From today's birdwatching there for the 3rd time Cammo Estate is now offically my local patch. It is a 5,10 min walk from my home and a great place for birdwatching although I can not beat the dog walkers it is a park full of woodland with a lake that I use to go fishing with my jam jar when I was little but couldn't see bird then until on my first birdwatching trip there which was last Sunday I saw one Moorhen and today I saw something really exiting which I never seen here before and that was seeing a Herron fishing. You could birdwatch in Cammo for ages because you can easily esacpe from noisy crouds if it was busy you can just follow paths to a certain pont although I havn't explored all of it yet but I certantly will though. Im glad Ive chosen this as my local patch but there's lots of bird life there, now I think next time I'll be there which will be Friday I think I'll get there early to avod the dog walkers and I can birdwatch in peace. ;)

Hi Euan,

Sounds a nice place - but I think you'll be lucky to beat the dog-walkers, on my local patch (also a wooded public park) the first people are out emptying dogs before 5 a.m. ;)

Michael

Michael Frankis said:
........the first people are out emptying dogs before 5 a.m. ;).........
What a delightful phrase Michael......love it ;)

Euan,

Glad you've found a good place near enough to watch regularly - the more you visit, you'll probably find there's a lot more birds there than you suspect!

Keep us posted with any surprises :t:

Good luck with your Birding on your local patch Euan. As Michael said dog walkers are about very early, we just have to join them.I always take binoculars with me when I take the dogs. John.

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back