• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Rwanda and Uganda September 2019 (1 Viewer)

the wicker man

Hi all

I've attached a revised itinerary for a Rwanda trip here. There are now two of us going on the trip - me (Mike Wheeler) and Andy Adcock. Let me know if you fancy this. Andy and myself are planning on birding Uganda for four days before the trip starts as well - looking for Shoebill in Mabamba Swamp and a couple of days in Mabira Forest (at least 80 birds not available in Rwanda in these two places alone). You're welcome to join us for the whole two weeks but the Uganda part is priced separately (self-organised and cheaper). Also attached is a checklist of Rwanda birds.

Mike

Attachments

• Rwanda itinerary.doc
    283.5 KB · Views: 86
  • checklist-Rwanda (1).xls
    112.5 KB · Views: 32
Hi Mike
Interested in this trip - can you send me Uganda details too and let me know if you have specific dates in mind.
Thanks Pash

Hi Pash - we're looking at 2nd September till 11th September in Rwanda which means 4 days beforehand in Uganda - the idea is we fly to Entebbe on 29th August, bird Mabamba Swamp loooking for Shoebill and then spend a couple of days in Mabira Forest. Maybe one othe rplace to be decide - early mornign flight to Kigale on 2nd September and then follow the itinerary. Looking at staying cheap in Uganda to keep costs down, Andy has some good plans for this in Mabira and mabamba is easily doable from Entebbe - it costs a bit but I get the impression you're more or less guranteed Shoebill which is the main aim there. I've attached a spreadsheet from eBird data of birds in both these places over August and September. I've highlighted the birds that are only attainable in Uganda or at least much more likley in Uganda even if they appear on the rwanda list due to rarity in rwanda.

Mike

Hi Mike
Interested in this trip - can you send me Uganda details too and let me know if you have specific dates in mind.
Thanks Pash

Attachments

• Uganda sites.xlsx
    111.5 KB · Views: 31
Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back