• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Hato Piñero and Hato El Cedral remains open for birdwatchers (1 Viewer)

ascaniobirding

Dear all,

In order to keep fluid information among birdwatchers I am posting a note regarding Hato Piñero and Hato El Cedral.

EL CEDRAL.
Despite to what have been posted about El Cedral in this forum I must declare that everything have gone for the better on it, from wildlife to general management of the ranch. The management appointed for this ranch have done a superb job.

HATO PIÑERO.
Regarding Hato Piñero I have lead three groups this year (including one with peter Mathiessen!) having of Jaguar, Ocelot, Anaconda and hundreds of birds. The natural habitats of Piñero remains untouched. The manager appointed for this ranch is a superb conservationist.

While El Cedral benefits from an annual budget and important cash flow, the situation in Piñero is different since it has not received the annual budget. This should change after March this year.

Of course, nobody can guarantee anything about the future of both ranches specially when are in hands of the government. In Venezuela there is a dichotomy: When something is in hands of the government the people feels it belongs to everyone but in reality does not belongs to anyone!

We will continue working and doing our best to educate the managers appointed by the government to consider the importance of the natural habitats of both ranches when making decisions. Our goal is to secure the natural habitats and the wildlife of both ranches no matter who owns it.

I will be pleased to give more details in further to anyone who need it.

Sincerely,

David Ascanio
<[email protected]>

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back