• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

New book - Birding hotspots in the Algarve - Tavira and the North-east (1 Viewer)

Gonçalo Elias

avesdeportugal.info
Portugal
New book: Birding hotspots in the Algarve - Tavira and the North-east

"Birding hotspots in the Algarve - Tavira and the North-east" is now available.

This is the third volume of the series "Birding hotspots in the Algarve". It contains a description of the most interesting places for watching birds in the municipalities of Tavira and Alcoutim.

Other titles in this series are:
Volume 1 - Around Lagos
Volume 2 - Castro Marim and Vila Real de Santo António

The next volume (4) will cover the area of Faro and Olhão and is due in spring 2018.

Attachments

• capa-largen-final-1pag.JPG
    capa-largen-final-1pag.JPG
    83.8 KB · Views: 70
Shame, the week after we’re back in the UK, I’ll probably get it to see what I’ve missed.

No need to be so pessimistic ;) though Gonçalo's books are a "must buy" there are still plenty of resources about what to see, when and where in the Algarve. If you don't have it this pdf (also available in tourist offices here in print) then I think you will find it of great assistance to your visit.

http://www.visitalgarve.pt/pressroom.file.php?fileID=123&file=guia_observacao_aves_baixa_resolucao_pt.pdf

That’s funny, the first one gets me the Portuguese version. That’s fine then

I'd intended to post the English version and it does open as such for me. I did notice, after your post however, that the url for the one I posted contains "pt" (Portuguese) and the one you posted contains "br" (British), Strange - but they do both open in English for me :smoke:

The second edition of vol. 3 (Tavira and the north-east) has now been released (the first edition was in December 2017).

As with the second editions of the other volumes, contents have been totally revised, three new hotspots have been added (there are now 14 hotspots in this volume, covering the municipalities of Tavira and Alcoutim) and GPS coordinates have been included in the text in order to make it easier to get to the right places.

Attachments

• capa vol 3 - 2 ed - red..png
    capa vol 3 - 2 ed - red..png
    176.9 KB · Views: 10
Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back