• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Chough at Rhossili (1 Viewer)

WHIMBREL

A lifelong Naturalist...
Spent an afternoon quietly strolling around Rhossili earlier this week and was pleasantly surprised to see a party of four Chough not too far from Rhossili Down feeding on their favoured larvae among the droppings from the animals that the National Trust use for grazing purposes on the Trust's land.

I've seen Chough on Gower before, I've not managed to ever get a photograph though until this visit, luckily I had my digicam with me (Canon A640) and took a few shots, glad to find that a few came out reasonably well, but I wish I had brought my Nikon D300 with a suitable lens. These birds travel over a fair distance very quickly within a vicinity and seem to fly on to where they know the next meal is likely to be found, if one could spend some time in the area their general habits could be studied (without disturbance) and then perhaps some really good photographs could be gotten.

Bill |=)|

PS. Notice the ring.

Attachments

• IMG_0997Chough Rhossili.jpg
    IMG_0997Chough Rhossili.jpg
    131.8 KB · Views: 152
  • IMG_0998Chough Rhossili.jpg
    IMG_0998Chough Rhossili.jpg
    117.1 KB · Views: 166
Warning! This thread is more than 3 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back