• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

World list on CD (1 Viewer)

Steve Lister

Senior Birder, ex County Recorder, Garden Moths.
United Kingdom
Hi everyone

I have just finished listing all of the world's birds (9814 by my reckoning) on a spreadsheet set up to count entries in columns such as World, Western Palearctic, etc. I have included all new species and splits that I have heard of, and have tried to include alternative names eg Tundra/Bewick's Swan. The order of species is loosely based on Sibley and Monroe, which was my original list reference, and Clements.

It comes to 3.14 megabytes. If anyone is interested in a copy on CD let me know. xlr format.

Steve

The last list i downloaded from the web was 9945 birds!

Does anyone know what the lastest count is?

Jeff

My count of 9814 does not include extinct species and only includes new discoveries or splits that are scientifically accepted.

I reckon that it is as near right as any.

Steve

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back