• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Sal September 2016 (1 Viewer)

Power went off yesterday, so here's the instalment for weds:
Round island tour produced several Black-winged Stilts, a few each of Little Egrets and Bar-tailed Larks, and additions were a BLACK KITE over Murdeira and a Grey Heron. No seabirds, Swifts or Ravens, and I did keep looking!
Later on walked out to the STW, much the same: Pied Flycatcher, only 4 Swallows 2 Sand Martins 2 Purple and 1 Squacco Heron. 2 Turtle Dove, 2 Willow Warbler, no sign of Hoopoe, Sparrowhawk or Cuckoo. :(

Finally nailed it as a CUCKOO today. May be first record for Sal! Thankfully got quite a lot of decent images. Will post when I get home (we leave tomorrow). Pied Flycatcher moved to the STW. One Swallow. 2 Squacco Heron. 5 Little, one Cattle Egret. 2 Collared Doves! Also a small indistinct grey-brown Warbler. At one point I was considering a Hippolais, but more likely Garden Warbler....
Some very distant Shearwaters this afternoon, not identifiable to species. And 2 Dolphins, or maybe Whales? Very big so poss Bottlenose, but not sure what occurs hereabouts.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back