• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Your Most Recent "Life" Bird (3 Viewers)

Three birds blown into central Pennsylvania by Hurricane Sandy:
Black Skimmer
Leach's Storm-Petrel
Red Phalarope

clay colored sparrow,271, sep. 21 '12, rather rare here in CA, i was luckily doing a big week and had binoculars. the bird showed up at a small garden at my school, and my first thought was wait a minute! that's a spizella! (scrambling to pull bins from pack)

american bittern, 272, late oct., '12, flushed from a reedbed while birding at some lakes down in morgan hill. only one more north american heron to go!

and...

this afternoon, a Harlan's Hawk. Seen lots of red-tailed hawks this year but this is (was) a first for me for this sub specie.

John

Hello this is my first post (new member) : Desert falcon (3) at the point of Ras Mohamed, Sharm-el-sheik, Egypt.(17/10/12)
We were on family 50/50 birding holiday. Pictures can be seen on my friends' website ( davidverdonck.be ) and info at www.observado.org (go threw geography to a country:egypt, ...), choose langage in the upper right corner, and lots of other posibilities.

rgds, Michel Huysmans (birding: allover Europe, Morocco, Turkey, Mongolia, Kazakstan, Egypt-Jordan, Oman, etc...)

Went out with my mom to Lake Livingston State Park in Livingston, Texas yesterday. She volunteers to fill the bird feeders on Thursdays and I decided to come along. Free entry to the park. ;) We saw two Red-breasted Nuthatches poking around the trees near the first group of feeders. After we filled them, they came down to snatch sunflower seeds. Lifer for both of us. Number 229 for me. My mom doesn't keep count.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back