• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Category:Pteroclididae (1 Viewer)

Clements uses the spelling "Pteroclidae" and places it in the "PTEROCLIFORMES" (according to the Clements checklists on Avibase). I created these categories before seeing this (Category:pteroclididae) page. If we stick to Clements, this page needs to be deleted and Category:pterocles linked to Category:pteroclidae.

Alan

Hmmm, this one does not seem to be that easy. Firstly, it is correct that Clements in the printed version uses the spellings that you give here. Using a Google search of Scholar papers finds both forms; the same is the case for searches within SORA. Which spelling people use may be more a question of who do you believe than what is really correct. Pteroclidae looks like a standard construct for a family, inserting di between Pterocl- and -idae seems unusual.

I would therefore say that we should stick with what we already have agreed on, to make Clements our yardstick for genera and higher levels. It would be good to have the Category:pteroclididae changed into a redirect, if that is even possible in the category section?

Thanks
Niels

I would therefore say that we should stick with what we already have agreed on, to make Clements our yardstick for genera and higher levels. It would be good to have the Category:pteroclididae changed into a redirect, if that is even possible in the category section?

I think I just sorted this. Let me know if something seems broken.

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back