• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

ID please-Manx Shearwater?. (1 Viewer)

christineredgate

Winner of the Copeland Wildlife Photographer of th
I took this shot from a distance on a trip to the Isle of Man on Tues.
The only id I can think of is Manx Shearwater.Can anyone confirm please.Heavily cropped.Conditions on the boat were horrendous!!!!
Do hope it is this species,as it will be my first sighting,and 1st photo.

Attachments

• 1st-July-008a.jpg
    1st-July-008a.jpg
    192.8 KB · Views: 234
Thanks guys.Quite happy,as it is the 1st Guillemot I have seen and taken a shot of the same.I did not think of that species.Just knew it was not a Gull,but,yes,the head colour on the Manx does not extend so low down,but perhaps thought it could be breeding colour etc.
Will post to the Gallery tommorrow.Will not be expecting any comments,but it is a new bird for me.
Thanks again.

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back