• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Shooting with Nikon P5100 (25%-50% zzom) (1 Viewer)

wengchun

Registered Member
I started digiscoping 10 years ago upon getting some advice from the late Laurence Poh. Few years ago, I bought another scope and upgraded from Nikon CP4500 to Nikon P5100. Mr Cheang Kum Seng from Ipoh, Malaysia fabricated the adapter for my setup.

Digiscoping is great for me since I am a bird guide here in Malaysia, the scope serve dual functions - spot for birds and taking some shots for trip report.

With a Coolpix 4500, I use the zoom very often, sometimes to the maximum. So with the P5100, I did the same but have not been getting the results I wanted. Lately, after reading some postings in this forum, I tried to use the zoom only at 25% - 50% and the sharpeness in the photos improved! So, the next time I use the maximum zoom is only for evidence and record keeping.

Here are some shots that I posted on my personal website.

Attachments

• brownshrike04.jpg
    brownshrike04.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 100
  • purplebackedstarling03.jpg
    purplebackedstarling03.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 92
  • wader01.jpg
    wader01.jpg
    116.5 KB · Views: 94
Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back