• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Birder of the year (1 Viewer)

When you go beyond the first three, a much bigger range of cameras is represented with some fine shots taken with the Nikon Coolpix 5100 for example. What is very noticeable, and perhaps not surprising, but a bit depressing for those of us who can't afford it, is the total dominance of the Swarovski AT80HD!

When you go beyond the first three, a much bigger range of cameras is represented with some fine shots taken with the Nikon Coolpix 5100 for example. What is very noticeable, and perhaps not surprising, but a bit depressing for those of us who can't afford it, is the total dominance of the Swarovski AT80HD!

Of course... this contest is organized by Swarovski !

I have to agree with Jules, there is a heavy Swaro bias in that contest (not surprisingly), and while they're great shots it's disappointing to see that other manufacturers are either under-represented by their digiscopers OR Swaro just wants to pimp their scope in their contest.

At any rate, there are plenty of stunning images on digiscoperoftheyear.com (2nd and 3rd place are pretty amazing).

~K

I guess the bias towards Swaro entries is because to have found out about the contest initially you would have to visit the Swaro website. You would only likely do that if you were already a Swaro owner or thinking of becoming one.

Paul.

I've seen as good pictures on here with lesser scopes than the Swaro that the winner took. The 2nd place for me is the winner, an action shot when digiscoping is so hard to do regardless of equipment.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back