• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

45mm Objective Lens Covers (1 Viewer)

canonman77

United Kingdom
Hi Guys, I have a pair of Zeiss 15x45 Conquest Bins & for some reason Zeiss dont make objective lens covers for this model. So I am looking for some, any will do as long as they are 45mm. Can anyone please tell me where I can get hold of some.

Thanks.
Sean..

I don't know what you will find in the UK. Over here in the US, two popular aftermarket lens covers are Bushwhackers, which I have bought through Eagle Optics and the Butler Creek scope objective covers which are usually available at a decent sporting goods store. Look for the European equivalent of rifle scope lens covers and you will likely find something. You will need the outside diameter of the objective and then you select the proper cover from the chart.

Some European outlet should have something similar.

Hi Guys, I have a pair of Zeiss 15x45 Conquest Bins & for some reason Zeiss dont make objective lens covers for this model. So I am looking for some, any will do as long as they are 45mm.

The lens size is not the important number: the outside diameter of the bin at the objective is what counts (it varies depending on the amount of armoring and a few other things).

Just measure the diameter with a ruler to the nearest millimeter and you should be able to find the correct third-party lens cap.

hi guys, the outside diameter measurement for the 15x45 Zeiss conquest is 54mm. Opticsplanet e-mailed me & suggested some rifle scope covers. will they do, do you think, I want the ones that stay hanging on the objective lens & I cant find any anywhere...

Regards.
sean..

Rifle scopes objectives commonly go to 50mm and larger lens diameter, so there should be no problem in finding one to fit the 54mm of the objective end of the binocular. I use scope covers on some of my binoculars and they work fine. The ones I have are a flip up style. You flip or push a lever and they snap up or down, or whatever way that you put them on. Some have a button you can push which releases the cap. The caps are spring loaded in almost all cases.

Hey Sean, I answered this question on your 15x45 Conquest thread before you even opened this thread! Despite the difference in objective sizes, the barrel diameters (and that's what counts) of 45mm Conquests and 42mm Swarovski SLCs are so close that the Swaro covers are a perfect fit. I have them on both my 7x42 SLCs and my 12x45 Conquests.

John

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back