• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Moths for ID please (1 Viewer)

LizandDave

I've spent hours going through UK Moths and other web sites and found most, but not these. Hope you can help.

1 and 2 are the same moth.
4 and 5 are most likely micros.
Thanks
Dave

Attachments

• c.jpg
    c.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 20
  • c1.jpg
    c1.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 26
  • d.jpg
    d.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 31
  • Moth i.jpg
    Moth i.jpg
    19.1 KB · Views: 27
  • Moth j.jpg
    Moth j.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 32
1 and 2 - Spectacle (having asked a similar question y'day!)
3 Uncertain (or Rustic - I'll go for the former and see if anyone else agrees)
4 pass
5 I think it's one of the Minors, so presume Minor agg (as worn, and as some need dissection).

Thanks
Re the Spectacle, I'm not surprised I couldn't ID it looking at the UKMoths site!

No. 5 looks like a worn 2337 Marbled Minor Oligia strigilis as you suggested

Dave

Last edited:
Thanks Sean,
Great to find a rare micro. Location is even more spot on in that I have a mini nature reserve behind the house called Chalky Bank. It's full of flowering Wild Marjoram where Pempelia obductella larvae live. In fact Marjoram grows all along the Fawkham Valley into the Darent Valley and North Downs proper.
Dave

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back